REGINA – Coming off a 4-3 shootout loss to the Moose Jaw Warriors Monday night, the Regina Pats are back in action Tuesday when they face the Swift Current Broncos inside the Brandt Centre (8 p.m.).
Regina enters the night sitting fifth in the Subway WHL Hub standings, one point back of the Warriors. Swift Current is last in the division, four points back of the Pats, who are looking to earn their win over the Broncos in as many outings this season.
Where to LISTEN/WATCH
CLICK HERE FOR THE PDF GAME NOTES
CLICK HERE FOR THE GAME DAY LINEUPS & PLAYER STATS
Carson Denomie and Zack Smith sparked Regina’s most recent win over the Broncos, as the pair each had two goals in a 9-4 win back on March 29. That performance was the Regiment’s best offensive showing in years, marking the first time since November 2016 that Regina had registered a nine-goal outburst.
Connor Bedard also factored in heavily in that 9-4 Regina win a week ago, scoring a goal and adding three assists. Bedard enters Tuesday night coming off his first point-less game in the WHL, after being held off the scoresheet Monday against Moose Jaw. Edmonton Oil King Dylan Guenther leapfrogged Bedard in the WHL scoring race Monday, and now sits one point ahead of Bedard’s 22 on the season.
Tuesday is the second to last game for Bedard with the Pats this season, as Friday’s game against the Brandon Wheat Kings will be his last inside the Hub before departing to join Team Canada at the IIHF U18 World Championship in Texas.
HEAD-TO-HEAD: LAST 10 MEETINGS | REG (5-4-0-1) vs. SC
- Mar. 29, 2021: REG 9 vs. SC 4
- Mar. 17, 2021: REG 3 @ SC 2
- Feb. 8, 2020: REG 6 vs. SC 2
- Feb. 7, 2020: REG 4 @ SC 2
- Jan. 4, 2020: REG 4 vs. SC 5 (SO)
- Jan. 3, 202: REG 5 @ SC 7
- Nov. 22, 2019: REG 6 @ SC 0
- Nov. 19, 2019: REG 1 vs. SC 2
- Mar. 13, 2019: REG 0 vs. SC 2
- Jan. 5, 2019: REG 0 @ SC 1
PATS ALL-TIME REG. SEASON RECORD vs. SC
- 172-148-19-7-6 (W-L-T-OTL-SOL)
SPECIAL teams report
- PP – 10/57, 17.5% (15th WHL)
- PK – 47/62, 75.8% (15th WHL)
- SWIFT CURRENT:
- PP – 7/50, 14% (19th WHL)
- PK – 32/50, 64% (21st WHL)
- GOALS: 11 – Denomie (2nd WHL), 8 – Bedard (T8), 5 – Nijhoff
- ASSISTS: 14 – Bedard (4th WHL), 11 – Evans, 6 – Chorney, Dubinsky, Walker
- POINTS: 22 – Bedard (2nd WHL), 14 – Denomie, 13 – Evans
- WINS: 2 – Ross and Kieper
BY THE NUMBERS
- Parker Berge joined the WHL goal scoring club Monday, registering his first in the league with a goal 14:43 into the second.
- Berge’s goal was followed up just 34 seconds later by Layton Feist’s third of the season. The two goals were the fastest back-to-back goals for the Pats this season.
- 19 of Regina’s 45 goals this season have come off the sticks of either Denomie (11) or Bedard (8). That’s 2 per cent of Regina’s offence.
- Regina has won their last four games against the Broncos, outscoring Swift Current 22-to-10 over that stretch.