Exciting 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup FanFest lineup to include Stanley Cup visit
The 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup Host Committee, together with the Canadian Hockey League (CHL), have announced an impressive line-up of activities, including hockey memorabilia displays, interactive games, and a visit by the Stanley Cup, all scheduled for the FanFest Zone; the free, all-audiences interactive venue at the upcoming event.
“We are delighted to announce this amazing hands-on Mastercard Memorial Cup experience,” says Shaun Semple, Chair of Regina’s Host Committee. “We’ve pulled out all the stops to make the 100th anniversary edition the biggest in the history of the event, including the largest Hockey Hall of Fame display ever produced for a Cup event.”
The FanFest venue will be located at Evraz Place in the DQ Grill & Chill Rink, Banner Hall and the AgEx Pavillion and feature displays by:
• Hockey Hall of Fame – Featuring ‘Legends of Hockey’, the largest-ever travelling collection of NHL and Mastercard Memorial Cup memorabilia and photography, along with interactive games and a display of historic NHL trophies, including a one-day visit by the Stanley Cup – a must-see destination at the 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup.
• Saskatchewan Hockey Association – Grab a stick and try a shot, or jump in the live game at the SHA’s indoor playing surface – no skates required. Afterward, replenish your electrolytes at the Gatorade Hydration Station.
• Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame – Our province’s sports history takes centre-stage at the Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame’s new travelling display, recalling the province’s proudest sporting moments with hundreds of artifacts.
• TopShot Hockey – Hockey skills development is the focus with multiple competitive game opportunities from Top-Shot Hockey.
• Canadian Armed Forces – Enjoy displays and interactives including a large obstacle course, Friday May 18 – 21 and Friday May 26-28, 2018.
Over 2500 Saskatchewan students will visit this exciting venue and participate in educational programming on hockey, safety, heritage, community, and history. Additional displays by Health Canada, Mosaic, and many others, along with Mastercard Memorial Cup merchandise and numerous food and beverage kiosks will make this a must-see Mastercard Memorial Cup stop for all hockey fans.
The FanFest area will be open daily to all fans from May 18-27th. Visit mastercardmemorialcup.ca for details and hours of operation.